Friday 25 January 2013

Day 5 - A few more Spellbinding ideas

Good Evening,

Cor it really is cold in Lincolnshire and it speaks of more snow! :(  Just when you thought it was all over.
We had a fantastic days workshop today at Let's Create doing what us crafters do best - stamping and colouring.  It was great to get everyone back after being snowed in.

I have 2 more telly cards for you and I would love to hear what you think to these.



I really enjoyed this demonstration.  I am sure you will recognise the dies now - this one is the Labels 22.  I stamped and embossed  the image first - this is from the design elements stamp plate from Creative Expressions - I then cut around the image (make sure that you tape the die down so you don't slip and cut into the embossed image) I used Broken China distress ink to enhance the embossed edges of the die. The sentiment has been stamped onto the smallest of the labels in this set. The background embossed image is from the Butterfly Kisses M-bossibility.  To Finish off I have added some swirly pearls, flowers and organza ribbon.


This demo was to show how you can use the Spellbinders to cut other products other than card and paper. I have used a self-adhesive canvas from Papermania (I happen to stumble over it in the Range when I popped in the other day) I used the 4 sizes of the Decagons and edged them with ink.  As you will see I have also used the Opulent Ovals to stamp the greeting on.  A little ink around the edges and a few flowers finish this really straight forward card off.  Quite a girly one.

Tomorrow is the Allsorts Challenge day so I hope that you can pop by to have a look at what the Challenge is going to be for next week.  I will also pop on later in the day with a couple more cards from the shows.
Enjoy the rest of the evening,
Bye for now and thankyou, as ever, for popping in.
Jo xx


6 comments:

  1. Great ideas Jo I adore my dies my new ones came yesterday so I cant wait to get stuck in hugs hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you demonstrating these two Jo, sorry I missed you last evening.
    Yes it is snowing now our nice dry clean drive covered once again. never mind think of Tuesday when it is suppose to be about ten deg, and we will be moaning because it is raining. Take care stay warm,
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jo from a snowy barnsley and its freezing and its just started to snow again. Thats all about the weather and back to the cards. I love these two there beautiful i will have to have ago at these as my dies came over a week ago and ive not stopped playing with them but running out of
    Ideas on what to do next. Take care Jo xxx

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some more lovely ideas Jo to try especially as the snow has fallen again. regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used some of my dies I have had to make 5 sympathy cards for the family I lost my sister in law on thursday I`m going to see brother-in-law tomorrow so will take them with me ,I have done one similar to your purple one but in blue .melanie

    ReplyDelete