Saturday 10 May 2014

Week 258 - Fancy folds - Allsorts Challenge

Hello my fellow Crafters,

Firstly welcome to my new couple of followers this week and thankyou for choosing to follow my ramblings each week (or if you are really lucky!! lol) maybe twice! I really appreciate all of my members.

It has been another great week in my crafty world with our usual workshops and chatting with our lovely customers. We are still laughing about our Melt pot workshop that we had last Saturday - thankyou for all of your lovely comments about the projects that I blogged on Sunday. What we need is a Tardis! so that all of you lovely crafters that live too far away can pop into it and transport yourselves to my shop so that we can all play together! If anyone has one stashed in their back room or garage please let me know!!!

Now onto this weeks Allsorts Challenge. It is the turn of our Wendy (L) to lead this week and she has chosen .......................................

FANCY FOLDS
for us to have a play and come up with an idea so that we can inspire all of you to have a go at the Challenge.

I couldn't choose between 2 projects this week so I hope that you don't mind me showing you both.

as you can see I have been one of many that has had a go at making a pop-up card and these are so easy but great fun. this one was for my Father in Law to give to his boss who owns a Bike shop! it is always a challenge to make a card with bikes on and get it totally different each year.  I hope he likes this one.
The Penny Farthing is a Marianne design and the cogs are from Rob Adams range of dies.  I have left the tag open at the front so that John can write his message on.
If you havent made one before the card folds flat and so fits in the chosen size envelope really well.
Papers are from my stash but they might be some old designs from Graphic 45.

My second project was one that we did in class today and it fitted the bill nicely.

  This is an easel card that I have made from another Marianne - this one is from the Creatables range.
I really love this set as it is so intricate if you want it to be or quite plain if you choose.
The flowers are from Pinflair and these are the dies and papers to match and cut out. They are really excellent quality and I would recommend them to you.
The edge has been finished off with Hobby House pearls on a roll.

Please pop over to the Allsorts Challenge blog and check out the other Teamies ideas. 
We have 2 sponsors this week and they are:-
and 
Thank you to both of these for their generosity.

Also I need to mention that it is Allsorts birthday on the 24th of this month and as usual we are having a blog hop. so keep your eyes open for this as there are prizes galore to be given away to lucky crafters.


We have a busy weekend coming up as it is our eldest Karl's birthday today he is 23! today and we are going out for a family meal this evening.
I hope that you all have a lovely weekend and try to fit a bit of crafting in.
Please leave a comment if you have time and let me know what you think about my projects this week.
Thankyou for taking the time to pop by and I hope to see you back really soon,
Bye for now
Jo xx

9 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous creations JO. Fave has got to be the white one, more me,
    Have a great evening, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great pieces of artwork Jo, my fav has to be the second as I am a real pushover for an easel card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous samples, love the heart card, tried once but couldn't keep it stand - and forgot it.
    Happy weekend;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous creations Jo, love them both! Have a good weekend, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cogs and steampunk feel to the first card. Have a good weekend, it's a bit soggy here to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow amazing creations Jo, two very different but equally gorgeous projects.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Tardis sounds good to me Jo. Two lovely makes today x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the gears on your card in a box. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Jo, lovely to see you back with us again and I hope you continue to get better and better. I have been away for a month myself so was so pleased to find you blogging once more, I love your inspiration and regularly follow your blogs and tv shows. Todays projects are as always brilliant. Thank you. Carole N x

    ReplyDelete