Sunday 4 May 2014

Melt Pot Saturday at Let's Create



IHello Everyone,

Thankyou for popping in and I hope you enjoy checking out the photographs from yesterdays Melt Pot class.  Well what a laugh we had! and we certainly created some variations on the flower that I made! it was a lovely day but I did work everyone really hard so that we could get both of the projects done before the end of the day.

This was the first project of the day and was meant to get everyone warmed up ready for the main project.

I have used a very small cake stand in Mdf ( this project was from inspiration that Hel's Sheridan gave me) the rose has been created using the Spellbinders Blossom three die set which is perfect for the job. The leaves are from Creative Expressions Sue Wilson designs and he flourish is a Cheery Lynn which is a firm favourite of mine. We used clear UTEE to dip into.

A close up of the rose 

After finishing his project we had lunchtime to give every one a breather and then started our canvas project. I was really pleased with how this came out as I am not particularly an arty person but just love to play.


What do you think? 
A few more shots a little closer up on the detail 


We started by covering the canvas with tissue paper and decoupage Matt glue. It was left scrunched up to give some texture. This was dried and then painted with two different colours from the creative expression chalk paint range. It was then dry brushed over with a deeper shade.
The background was then worked on a little bit more using a stencil and Matt paste. This was left to dry. 
We then went on to make the sentiment. Using a piece of grey board the white smooth side was painted with two of the shades that was used
on the canvas base. A sentiment was stamped into the middle and distress ink blended around the edges. The edges were sealed using a dark shade of UTEE. 
We then started making the different flowers using a variety of moulds including Katy Sue, Martha Stewart, WOW and Crafty Notions. These were made using melted UTEE from the pot.
These were all brought to life using Treasure Gold wax in different colours. 

The canvas was then coated in Beeswax which sealed the detail and prevents it getting damaged.
The sentiment piece, flowers and flourishes were then stuck on to finish off.
The day was a best success with lots of laughs, some fabulous ideas and great fun.
I hope you have enjoyed reading about the day and the projects that we made.
I would love to hear what you thought about the projects. Please leave a comment if you have the time.

Thankyou for popping in
Bye for now
Jo xx 



21 comments:

  1. Looks a good day and great creations, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning projects Jo - the rose looks amazing and WOW the canvas is stunning - gorgeous details, would have loved to have come to you class if l lived closer x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jo, what fabulous creations, it looks like a great day as had by all...I must say, I do love my melt pot! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropped in on Saturday with my daughters and stopped in to watch the class for a while. All the ladies were friendly and were having a whale of a time. The variations on the rose were amazing and Jo explained the process for the canvas. The results were stunning. Well done ladies. Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina it was lovely to meet you and the girls. Thankyou for your lovely comments I really appreciate them x pleased you liked the shop too x

      Delete
  5. They are both lovely Jo, I especially like the canvas. I do appreciate these kind of projects but always wonder myself 'what would I do with it' and 'where would I put it' (depends on your house I suppose)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of the girls were going yo out them in their crafty areas, one lady was giving it to a friend. It's great yo have a go. Thankyou for your comments xx

      Delete
  6. Love the canvas Jo. With dandelions popping up everywhere in the garden perhaps I'd better think on the words you have used and not moan about them!! Would you mind sharing whose stamp it is please? best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie
      The stamps are from Paper Artsy and the title is E Lin Brown 05. I know a strange name. We sell the set in the shop if you are interested. They are red rubber stamps and already mounted on u mount. Email me on lets.create@btinternet.com if you are interested thx Jo x

      Delete
  7. Hi Jo I'm green with envy on all your ladies that came on Saturday both projects look great thanks for putting pic up
    Love and hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY wish you could join us x pleased you liked the projects . Love yo you both xx

      Delete
  8. Really love the canvas Jo it is beautiful. Glad you enjoyed it think I would have too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wish I lived near to you, would have loved the project day, well done everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo hope you are well wish I was there love the creations you do hope to see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Clare, It would be lovely to see you, it seems ages! thankyou for the comment x

      Delete
  11. These are beautiful Jo!!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete