Saturday 8 September 2012

Week 171 - Layers

Good Morning Everyone!

As you see we decided that we would come home from our holiday - although it was very tempting to stay as it was the most gorgeous place we have ever been too, (apart from Bermuda but family do live there and it is an exception to the rule!)  the hotel was amazing and the weather well ! the coolest it went to was 35! We have never been on an all inclusive holiday up until this one but we certainly will indulge in another next year !

Back to work though now!  
This weeks offering for Sarah's Challenge this week is
(sorry for the dark picture but hope that you can see)

I have chosen to use the Butterfly Collage stamp from Stampendous.  It is a favourite of mine.  I have used Aged Mahogany Distress pens to ink the stamp up and stamped the butterfly again to decoupage it.  With the distress pens blending so perfectly with the Distress Ink I used this to blend the whole image together.  I used silver glass glitter for some texture.  The background paper is from my stash and to finish off and creating more layers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die - edging this with a little distress ink to follow the colours through. Again I have used some printed paper from my stash.

I hope that you like my take on Sarah's great challenge this week and pop over to the Allsorts Blog to check our the other DT members projects.

I thought I would share this photo with you too - this will make you smile!
Mark took this when we were in the hotel restaurant and afterwards we noticed that there was a light at the back of me!


Has my hallow slipped!!!!

Enjoy a lovely weekend
Bye for now
Jo xx


8 comments:

  1. So pleased you had a lovely time. Lovely card this week Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely holiday, you deserved it.
    Great card, love that stampendous image.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo, and a fab picture ~ doesn't look like it's slipped to far lol
    H♥GZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please feel a lovely time Jo, you certainly look well tanned.

    Lovely vintage feel to your card with the dusky pinks.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jo, so glad to read you've had a fab holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo
    Good to see you back and so pleased to hear you had a fab holiday.
    Gorgeous card - I too love that stamp (take a look on the DT blog hee hee!!!)
    Fab photo too hun - you look so happy and so healthy.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wouldn't want to be in Bda right now lol... as I am sure you know Hurricane Leslie is fast approaching. Hope everyone safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' that butterfly stamp Jo.
    So glad you enjoyed your hols and that's a super pic of you...slipped halo...hmmmmm! lol.

    ReplyDelete