Saturday 25 August 2012

Week 169 - A Gift

Good Morning Crafters,

I hope this finds you all well and happy.  This is a very quick post this morning as I have a very busy day - we go to the airport tonight after we close the shop and fly on holiday tomorrow for 8 days!!!!
Turkey here we come!

But, before that ....................  calm ..............
I would like to show you my project for Brenda's excellent challenge this week for Allsorts (allsortschallenge.blogspot.com)


I thought this project that I did in a class this week would make a super gift.  
I have used a Spellbinder shape MDF plaque (we sell lots of these shapes in the shop and they have become really popular and so very reasonable)
I have crackled the background using Sheena's crackle technique with acrylic paint on the first layer, a layer of PVA glue and magnolia emulsion on the top.  To make it look even more distressed I have used Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges.
The decoupage that I have used is from the Jayne Shasky CD rom from the lovely Joanna Sheen which I sprayed with Spray and Shine from Crafters Companion - it finishes a decoupage off really nicely.
The sentiment is also from the CD rom from the Calligraphy section and again I have edged it with VP.
The foliage that was added to the edges is from one of the new Spellbinder sets - Fall Leaves.  I am really loving this one such a variety of leaves to use on so many projects.

Thankyou to our lovely sponsors this week:

Challenge sponsors

and 
4 images of winners choice

As always pop over to the Allsorts Challenge blog and have a peep at the gorgeous gift ideas that the girls and made - fabulous work this week and lots of ideas for giving crafty goodies for Christmas.

Must dash now I have lots to do before I can set off this evening.
I won't be around next week to post for Allsorts but please pop by the week after and I will fill you in on our holiday too!!
Bye for now and enjoy a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend,
Jo xxx


14 comments:

  1. Good morning Jo,

    Your plaque is really effective, the peeled paint background complements the images beautifully.

    Thanks for coming up with great piece of work for my theme week. Have a wonderful and well-deserved holiday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Jo, hope you have a wonderful holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this very much,good work
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plaque Jo, love the crackle effect and all the stunning details!
    Have a fab holiday
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great relaxing holiday both of you. Love the plaque, ideas for Christmas presents I think!
    Take care, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great plaque jo, have a well deserved holiday. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really gorgeous plaque Jo, love the crackle and fab details. Hope you have a really lovely holiday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This plaque is gorgeous Jo, love all the details and the crackle - have an amazingly brilliant holiday! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo you will be in Turkey sunning yourself at the time I am posting (not one bit jealous ha ha) bu thave to say he plaque is a beaut!!! see you when you get back Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous plaque but I can honestly say it looks even better in real life. Thoroughly enjoyed our day making these and all that have seen them said how lovely they look and make wonderful gifts.
    Hope your having a fabulous holiday.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi jo love the plaque I did ask the question on C & C how you do this as I can`t get it to crackle .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo, that's just beautiful hun. I love it, the details are super. Hope you had a brill holiday (as you're away now, no point in hoping you HAVE a brill holiday lol).

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh gorgeous! Have a fabulous holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Afternoon Jo
    So good to see you looking tanned and relaxed after your hols.
    Loved making the plaque, as always a great class.
    See you soon
    Hygs
    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete