Saturday 10 December 2011

Week 133 It Takes Two

Good Morning Everyone



What a chilly start to the weekend, Winter is certainly here now!  This morning I am posting my card that I have put on the Allsorts Challenge for this week.  The title of the challenge is It Takes Two (this can also include white as the base card)  This is such a typical design for me as you know I love using my distress inks and this card is no exception Vintage Photo all the way!  The stamp design that was used is from Creative Expressions Mother's Day plate.  Although the title suggests that it is quite limiting it is quite the opposite, a lovely plate to use for lots of occasions and the rose has been a big favourite of mine.  The design is quite simple - I have created the backgound using vintage photo blending different areas with different strengths of the ink and then spritzing it with water to give the aged appearance that I was looking for. These inks are perfect for this technique.  It makes a very inexpensive background too! I have simply embellished the design with organza ribbon and some gems. I popped in a couple of hearts from a Marianne die to enhance the design making it quite romantic.

I hope that you like my take on this weeks challenge and do have a go yourself and hope that you win a lovely prize! Well Done to Maria for getting chosen last week - it was a fabulous design enjoy your prize.

I have been sent some more photographs of the weekend event with Sheena on so will be posting again in the next couple of days with these. 

Hope that you enjoy a lovely, albeit chilly, weekend!  Wrap up warm if you are going out Christmas shopping!
Thank you, as ever, for popping in,
Bye for now
Jo x

7 comments:

  1. Love thr rich golds of your card Jo.

    Looks like the Birthday weekend was fun and all that cake................

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, vintage photo is my favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Very rich colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Jo I like vintage photo too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jo, love the gorgeous image and details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card.
    I love using distress inks in this way too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - the distressing is fab!

    ReplyDelete