Saturday 7 September 2013

Week 223 - Butterflies

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that this post finds you all well and have enjoyed the last few weeks of the lovely Summer.
As you know The Channon's have been away on a fabulous holiday visiting my Brother and family in Bermuda and we had the best time ever!  who couldn't on this amazing island.  We got back into England on Wednesday morning so it has been hitting the ground running the last few days but I think I am back in the groove as they say!! It was great to come back to lovely weather it doesn't make you feel quite so grim! and you get the washing done quick!

We have some gorgeous photographs and we will be downloading these this weekend (and filtering out all that I am on on the beach (not a good look!!!!) hopefully I will have some amazing shots to use for scrapbooking and will share them with you.

I also had a birthday whilst I was away and we spent the day on the most stunning beach - it is usually used by local people on the Island and it was a week day so the beach was deserted when we arrived - Mark tried to suggest that he had arranged it especially for my birthday!!! ummmmmm !

But back to today - it is Saturday so that means a great new Challenge from the Allsorts Gang and this week our lovely Tracey has chosen ....................

 
Butterflies
 
 
as the Challenge and we all know that we use these gorgeous creatures on so many of our crafting projects and I am sure this will be a really popular week.
 
This is my project using Butterflies ~
 
 
my apologies for the flash on the photograph I used a glossy card to put alcohol ink onto it and stamped the image with Stazon over the coloured card.  The stamp is from Creative Expressions and it is one I have had for some time it is excellent to decoupage so I restamped the middle of the image and layered it up to give dimension.  I have also added more butterflies - stamped onto acetate coloured with more alcohol ink and again layered up.
The florish die is from Tim Holtz and the flowers, leaves and papers were from my stash.
A bit of bling finished it off.
 
I hope that you enjoy having a go at this weeks Challenge and remember it doesn't have to be a card project.
Pop over to the Allsorts Blog to check out the other design team members ideas for the challenge.
Thankyou also to our sponsors who are :
 
who are giving a $20 voucher for stamps of your choice.
 
I hope that you all have a lovely weekend and please leave a comment if you pop onto the post - you know I love to hear from you all.
 
Bye for now
 
Jo xx
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I love this one it is lovely, design is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home Jo!! Anything with butterflies makes a special card in my view and this is no exception. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Jo! Gorgeous colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have you back Jo and hear that you had a good time away.

    Lovely butterfly inspired creation and warm colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a wonderful time Jo. Beautiful card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo and Mark So glad you both enjoyed your holiday now its back to "work" you have one of the best jobs ever. But you did deserve a holiday bet you made a card or two if not for real, in your head
    Love and hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Jo that you all had such a great holiday and such a wonderful way to spend your birthday too!!
    Great project for this weeks challenge.
    See you soon
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and I am so glad you had such a cool holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Jo and looks like you all had a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete