Saturday 6 April 2013

Week 201 - Spring has Sprung

Hello my Crafty Friends!

I hope that this finds everyone happy and all enjoyed your Easter weekend with family and friends and .................. chocolate, of course!
Easter Sunday did end my fast and thankyfully (although at times towards the very end this was a little touch and go !) ) I was successful in completing my 40 days and nights without chocolate, biscuits and cake and I am very pleased to say that I raised a grand total of £155.00 for our local play group through sponsorship.  I felt that it was all worth while (after the event!) I don't think taking chocolate away from a mid-forties female maybe is not the best idea in the world and Mark was very pleased to furnish me with a large bag of Cadburys mini-eggs on Easter Sunday morning!
May I say a huge thankyou and welcome to my new blog followers

Busy week at C and C again this week with the fabulous Easter give-away event - wow! fantastic shows with everyone taking advantage of all the very generous give aways that were taking place.  This week I have been showcasing the latest of the Die Di-lites from Spellbinders and they are lovely too.
I am back in tomorrow doing the Tool Shed and hope to show some techniques in the 2 hour show.
I have nothing scheduled for next week at the studio (but seriously need to catch up at base - I think my shop has forgotten what I look like and the car certainly finds its way with no hesitation!

Today at Allsorts it is my challenge and I chose 

"Spring has Sprung"

(Please bear in mind that we send our Challenge suggestions to Brenda several weeks in advance and so this explains the rather hopeful title!!!)

This is my project to wet your appetite to have a go at this week's challenge.





This is a rare appearance of any parchment project for me. I have a dabble when I have the chance and also hold classes at the shop when we can fit a Saturday morning in. I thought that this was a perfect pattern for our Challenge for the week.
There is very little to explain with regards to products used but I do use Faber Castell pencils to colour when using the dry pencil technique.
I know this is very different to my usual posts but I hope that you like it.
Please pop over to the Allsorts Challenge to see the lovely Spring creations from the Team.  Thankyou to them all for there fabulous projects.
I hope that you are able to have a bash at the Challenge this week and perhaps leave a comment with me to let me know what you think to mine.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are up to and if you are around at 12 noon tomorrow have a peep at the toolshed on C and C to catch some ideas for your Spellbinder Die Di-lites.

Take care and have a great week
Bye for now
Jo xx


12 comments:

  1. Your Parchment looks great Jo and a lovely card too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jo. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo
    This is gorgeous, beautiful creation and I love the design. Nice to see something different.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see a parchment card Jo, you have managed the colouring to perfection and it has photographed so well. A lovely touch of Spring well done once again. Hope to get to see you in the week x
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and love parchment Jo! I love the colouring it is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Jo and just love the colouring and layout to it all. Glad to hear you will be taking it a little easier next week . Thanks for a great challenge this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a truly lovely card Jo! I have just had the week off work and it was a pretty fine week to be home crafting with C&C on the little TV on my desk...Hels Sheridan, Ali Reeve and you! It really has been great to see you on demoing so much of late, you are always so inspiring! Enjoy catching up back at your shop, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation can`t wait for tool shed ,I`m still waiting for my POTW d-lites from 15th march but hers hoping they haven`t lost this order .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning card very ,very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice card jo i hope it will bring the spring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see a parchment card, Jo.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete