Friday 22 December 2017

"Time"

Hello Everyone!

Today I have a mixed media inverted canvas that I would like to share with you all using a selection of Powertex products.


I started off with a 12" x 9" canvas which I decided to invert to ring the changes.  This creates a lovely frame to use as a feature. 
Ivory Powertex was used throughout the project. 
I decided to use a variety of fabrics to create texture and these included cotton sheeting around the framework and as you know this creates some really lovely pleating which is how I created the draping on the corners.  I also used hessian on the background as this added a rustic look.


As you can see I have used lots of plaster moulds to add all the detailed pieces including the frame, face, cogs, screws and flowers.  I also included a few die cuts which included the main clock.
Sand and balls in different sizes added interest and dimension in the right top corner.


Easy structure through a few patterned masks created more interest on the frame.

The theme of the canvas was Time so I chose a phrase that I felt sums it up very well.
A mixture of Scrabble letters, printing from the PC and wooden letters added variety in the way that I added the words.  Glossy accents were then put over the top to protect the letters and also add thickness and gloss.


When it came around to colouring I have been itching to try out the new inks from Powertex and I am loving how they were so easy to apply and how effective and bright. It really made the project pop !
a little Violet Colourtrix finished the project off a treat and highlighted specific areas.

I hope that you have enjoyed checking this project out and that it has inspired you to have a go at an inverted canvas.
Bye for now,
Jo :) x













No comments:

Post a Comment