Saturday 29 November 2014

Week 287 - Milestone Birthdays

Good Morning Everyone,

How are you all? I hope that the answer is very well and happy - this is the answer I am looking for from you all!
Well this is the last post before the mad December month begins can you really believe it. I suppose you are all ready for the Christmas festivities which are speedily approaching.  I must say (and as I openly admitted on live t.v this week!! ) I havent made my Christmas cards yet - I have made hundreds since Christmas began in the Crafting world (May for me!) but none of them are for me to send.  So, I must try to get myself sorted and get on with it! 
Well this week at Allsorts we have been asked by our lovely Team member Sarah to make a card with the idea based around Milestone Birthdays.
I made this card some time ago for a Friend for a big birthday and I thought it would raise a smile on your faces as well as hers when she received it. 

I hope that you can see the main event on Ethel's gorgeous leg!! the stamps are from the Ethel and Murray range from Creative Expressions and they really are a giggle.
Although there isnt a specific age on the card I think you can gather from the image that she was in later years! 
Today we have a very special guest coming to Let's Create and I have been looking forward to her return for several weeks. The lovely Kathryn Sturrock is coming to teach a workshop on flower making with clay.  I am a student! I hope she is ready for it!! lol I hope to make some fabulous flowers and show you what I have made. I will take some pictures of everyone's work and I am sure we are all going to have a great time.
Whatever you have planned for the weekend enjoy it.
Thankyou, as always, for all of your lovely comments that you leave.  I do feel that it is worth blogging when you lovely people let me know what you think to my creations.
Don't forget to pop over to the Allsorts Challenge Blog and have a peep at the lovely creations from the Design Team.  There are some fab prizes up for grabs as usual to have a go at entering the Challenge.
Must dash and get my seat in the classroom! what a novelty!
Bye for now,
Jo xx

8 comments:

  1. Ready for Christmas Jo, nothing could be further from the truth, in fact I'm never sure what ready actually is anymore as my clan keep moving he goalposts.

    Your card is such fun and raised an immediate smile, can totally identify with things shifting south.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Jo,gave me a giggle.would have loved the workshop today but otherwise engaged. Enjoy your day one of few for you to relax and enjoy being a pupil for a change, looking forward to seeing the lovely flowers. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jo, have a great day too, sounds interesting,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jo, so appropriate for so many that I know who are going downwards like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo Like the card Jo glad I never had tattoo's done (not my thing) no some of my family have had them done and butterflies don't look good with sagging wings lol
    crafty hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Jo, made me smile and I loved the design too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun image Jo, great card. Looking forward to seeing the christmas card you make with the PB poppy stamp. Hope you enjoyed your class today x enjoy the rest of the weekend x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for this weeks theme x

    ReplyDelete