Tuesday 26 February 2013

Spellbinder samples

Good Morning Everyone,

I have just finished my first Spellbinder show of the day and had the pleasure of working alongside the lovely Nigel May.  I have a break now so thought I would pop some pictures of the sample cards that I have been showing over the last couple of weeks.
Let me know what you think - it is always great to hear from you.


I really love this one and had great fun making it.  I have used one of the 3D embossibilities, inked up the folder and then put it through the Calibur - this is what we refer to as letterpressing.  The ink will transfer onto the cardstock and leave an excellent impression.  I then used a mixture of Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap across the background to blend it all in.  the Gold embossing has been achieved using a Versamark pen over the highly embossed areas and then gold embossing powder and heated.  A stamp in the scroll area finishes the design off. Don't just look at your embossing folders as a way to create gorgeous patterns on your plain cardstock go that little bit further and have a play, as I said today on the show it is only a bit of card that you are spoiling if it doesn't work out.


With this sample I have used the Filigree Delight Shapeabilities set and it certainly is a delight to use.  I have used it here with craft metal and sanded it back to create a vintage look.  The label in the middle of the aperture is included in this set.  The background pearl cardstock has been embossed using the Reverence folder.


This was the card that I demo'd this morning and I have used the Floral Ribbon Threader which is such a pretty die.  It is perfect for wedding cards, and projects that you need a bit of finesse in your project.

I will pop some more samples on in a couple of days so hope to see you pop by and have a look.
In the meantime I have another show later today at 7pm.
Take care and Bye for now
Jo xx

14 comments:

  1. Very nice cards Jo great to see you so busy see you soon
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards watched this morning and my email was read out and yes Jo it was hollypond hill stamp on the swing .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fantastic Samples Jo. Catching shows as they are on and a great job you are doing. Super photos from the show
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all stunning, Jo. I love them all, but particularly the first one. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for these posts, Jo. The samples are super. I watch you whenever I can as your demos are so clear and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards Jo thankyou for taking the time to post them .I miss a lot of the detail when I see them on the TV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant cards Jo.....I love the 3d embossed one. Off to Australia tomorrow so will visit the shop when I get back.
    Take care....Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! I love the techniques on the embossed one and will be have a go with my Daisy folder - thank you for the ideas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all fabulous cards, all showing different ways to use the dies and folders.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo
    Been watching your brilliant shows on C & C and would like to thank you for all your inspiration. I really love the look of the m-bossabilities in metal. Can you help me please, i have looked everywhere for craft foil and craft metal but cannot find it, can you advise me please.
    Thank you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo

    This is my first post but I've followed you for a while. I want to say thank you for all your inspiration, helpful hints & tips. My cards are now starting to take shape and it's thanks to you, Sue and Julia!

    You're truly inspirational, keep up the great work x

    ReplyDelete