Saturday 22 September 2012

Week 173 - Inspired by a Song

Hi Crafters

I hope that this finds you all well and looking forward to the weekend.  Today is officially the first day of Autumn so goodbye to the Summer and hello to warm chunky jumpers and comfort food! Personally I am a fan of Autumn (and not just for the comfort food!)

I have had another busy week -  on Saturday I had a fabulous day at Busy Bees  - Sheffield - helping with their Dabble Day and the lovely Julie Atkinson and Hel's Sheridan were also there and everyone enjoyed an excellent day.

Todays challenge has been set by our lovely Emma and I think it is a fabulous one -

Inspired by a Song

and this is my take on the title

Fly Me to the Moon
Frank Sinatra - 1954


I have chosen to use a twisted easel and use a monochromatic theme.  I have used the Cheery Lynn die One Free Wish which is so classy and cuts like a dream.  
I have centred this on a Marianne Design which is the Circle Frame Die which I cut in white glitter card (not sure if this shows up) I have taken a corner stamp and enhanced the edges using a black ink.
The base paper is from my paper stash and I have added a sentiment in a Spellbinder shape to finish off the design.

I think this is a great challenge to take part in so have a go.  Pop over to the Allsorts Blog and have a look at the other DT members ideas they are fabulous.
Thankyou to our sponsor this week Pretty Little Ribbon Box.

Also, just to let you know that we have the lovely Clare Rowlands at Let's Create next Saturday showcasing the brand new Christmas designs from Molly Bloom - if you are in the area pop in to see this fabulous demonstrator.

Enjoy a great week.  Please leave a comment I love to read them all from you.

Bye for now 
Jo xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jo - love the classy monochromatic style and the image is fabulous.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful twisted easel Jo, love the dreamy image and design with a gorgeous colour combo!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jo

    Great colour combo can't beat black and white

    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamy card Jo you have captured the challange excellantly love Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Jo, what a lovely card - super image. I like autumn too, for it's rich colours all around us - it's such a shame about the dark mornings and nights though :( Have a great weekend, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete